It’s not enough to dream of success. It’s not even enough to set goals.
The only way to truly achieve your dreams and build the business you’re meant to build is to sit down and just do it.
And that’s where many of us…well, fail is a strong word. But it’s the doing that trips us up more times than not.
We overbook our calendars until today’s to-dos become next week’s past dues.
We procrastinate on the things that are important while attending to things that are merely “nice to do.” And sometimes we simply take on too much—even when we know better.
The answer? Embrace these five productivity hacks to get more done in less time!
1. Rituals and Habits: Simply put, a ritual or habit is a consistent way of doing something. You have a morning ritual (wake up, brush your teeth, exercise, shower, and head to your desk), evening ritual (cook dinner, tuck the kids in, watch the evening news, and hit the sack), weekend ritual (catch a movie, binge on Netflix, visit your mom), and many others.
The trouble is, if you’re not careful with your rituals, they can turn into productivity killers. Is checking Facebook or email a part of your morning ritual? Is scrolling through weddings on Pinterest a part of your at work ritual? Distractions such as these can turn even your best intentions into hours of wasted time.
Take a good look at your rituals. What are you doing that you should not be—or that should be moved to another part of your day? Make your rituals more efficient and you’ll automatically get more done.
2. Calendar Management: Want to know how much time you really have available for any new projects you want to do in your business? Try blocking off time in your calendar for all your existing work. Fill in all your client work, your business administrative tasks, time for meals and breaks, outside appointments, and everything else you’re committed to. What’s left might just shock you.
Make it a habit to block time in your calendar for every commitment, and you’ll never again over-promise or over-commit.
3. Learn to Let Go: Here’s a news flash. You do not have to do everything in your business. You can (and should) hand off those low-level tasks to someone else. Hire a VA to create your documents, keep on top of your inbox and manage your calendar. Turn over your bookkeeping to an accountant. The time you free up will allow you to work on what’s truly important—and that only you can do.
4. Work Hard, Play Harder: You are not a machine. You cannot work all day every day and hope to be at your best all the time.
Take a day off. Get some rest, or relax on a long, slow walk. Take a friend out to lunch. Hit the shops with your kids. See a movie or chill on the sofa with a cuppa and the T.V. Do something—anything—other than work.
Not only will you return to your desk feeling much more refreshed, but you’ll find yourself more creative and productive than before as well.
5. Focus: Multi-tasking is impossible! You cannot efficiently work on your business while you’re simultaneously surfing Facebook, keeping an eye on the kids, and answering the phone every time it rings.
Instead, use your calendar to block time off for important tasks, then turn everything else off so you can focus. No phone, no Facebook, no kids or husbands or pets demanding “just a minute” of your time. Tune everything out, and you’ll find your work getting done much faster.
Managing your time and turning up your productivity is not something that comes naturally to most people but when you learn to master this skill, you’ll find your business grows right along with you.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready…here are 3 ways I can help you grow your wedding business:
1. Join the Become A Bride Magnet Facebook group and connect with other Savvy Wedding Pro’s with a passion for their business and the wonderful world of weddings. Click Here
2. Work With Me 1 on 1. Just get in touch and tell me a little about your business and we can set up a call to see how I can help you build your wedding business with my coaching packages.